Award Winning IP Video Codec ACTL3-AP and video transport LDMP
- 1. Advanced compression technology for higher-quality HD/SD video contribution.
- 2. Exclusive patented technology for reliable streaming over variable bandwidth public networks.
- 3. The leader in mobile video encoding and streaming.
- 4. The first solution where quality video distribution does not entail a Monthly Recurring Cost (MRC).
- 5. Full range of offerings, including hardware, software and apps for business-critical scenarios.
- 1. Network bonding capability to aggregate bandwidth availability, and also increases video reliability with network redundancy.
- 2. Bi-directional communication between encoder and decoder eliminates the need for packet redundancy, provides better IP throughput and useable bandwidth availability.
- 3. Maintained latency measurement over long periods, “no latency drifts”.
- 4. Pre-determination of network conditions to adjust to alternate video network path.
- 5. LDMP provides better Quality of Service metric than FEC (Forward Error Correction).
- 6. Superior reliability over the public Internet’s “lossy” conditions.
- 7. Non-Recurring Cost for integrated IP Transport (LDMP is baked into Hardware and Software).
Streambox ACTL3-AC® Comparison
In video decoding tests, ACTL3-AP provided better quality and reliability than H.264 with a bitrate reduction up to 30%. That’s substantially better than what a comparison of peak signal-to-noise (PSNR) values would predict in contrast to HEVC.
Quality comparison tests have demonstrated that ACTL3-AP reduces the bandwidth request to keep the same quality compared to H.264.